Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Vanishing Point (1971)

3.5 / 5
Tagline:  Watch carefully because everything happens fast. The chase. The desert. The shack. The girl. The roadblock. The end.
Directed by:  Richard C. Sarafian
Written by:  Malcolm Hart
Actors include:  Cleavon Little, Barry Newman, Dean Jagger
Genre:  Thriller, Action, Drama
Length:  99 minutes
Banned:  Nope





Review:
Gee I really hate when classic films are disappointing, I mean this was far from terrible but I have no idea why it's so well regarded. Our story is about a man who has to make a delivery, he makes a bet that he can get there in a ridiculously short period of time, and he likes to keep his bets. Of course he disregards basic law so the cops are chasing him throughout. For some reason a DJ who happens to be blind and irritating tries to help him out on the radio alerting him where to go and stuff. Some strange things happen on his journey and he meets some unusual people (including a nudie motorcycle rider) on the way. The cinematography is stunning, that much I'll give it, and it wasn't like I was bored or anything. It just seemed as though the story was quite pointless...I mean why even bother trying to rush the delivery in the first place? You'll likely adore it so ignore my complaints, I just didn't think it was all that unfortunately.


Availability:  On Blu-Ray & DVD

No comments:

Post a Comment