Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Reform School Girls (1986)

2.5 / 5 Mar '11
Tagline: Some Get Tough. Some Go Insane. Some Will Die...
Directed by: Tom DeSimone
Written by: Tom DeSimone, Jack Cummins
Actors include: Linda Carol, Wendy O'Williams, Pat Ast
Genre: Exploitation, WIP, Action
Length: 94 minutes
Banned: Nope




Review:
Although I nearly enjoyed the campy nature of this (particularly that of the ridiculous evil warden Pat Ast), this wasn't a winner for me. Sure it was sleazy, and filled with scenes of naked (or scantily clad) ladies fighting, showering and prancing around. The thing is, I have no interest in that, I was kind of hoping for a story or something of that nature. The plot is about two innocent(ish) girls who are placed in reform school. They have to try to live with the tough girls and evil staff that reside there. Wendy O. Williams plays Charlie, the leader of the bad girl brigade that is out to cause trouble. It really made me see how gross Wendy is, plus she looks about 40...too darned old to be in reform school. There are a few minor snickers to be had here, and small parts were entertaining I guess but overall I was surprised with how little I liked it. Some absolutely love this though so you might want to watch to see if it's your cup 'o tea. I can't see watching this ever again myself.

Availability:  On DVD

No comments:

Post a Comment