Friday, April 15, 2011

Cold Comfort (1989)

4 / 5
Tagline: It's not always safe to come in from the cold.
Directed by: Vic Sarin
Written by: Richard Beattie, James Garrard
Actors include: Maury Chaykin, Margaret Langrick, Paul Gross
Genre: Thriller, Drama
Length: 111 minutes
Banned: Nope







Review:
I really love how unusual this film is...and it's rather uncommon, when I went to try to find a copy but everyone kept thinking I meant Cold Comfort Farm...sigh. Oh well, this is one lively Canadian picture, weird as all heck but a great cast and it's sheer strangeness make it a must see. The film is about a strange Father Daughter relationship between Floyd (Maury Chaykin) and Dolores. Floyd seems to erm be rather inappropriate with his Daughter and he clearly wants a piece of her. When Floyd comes across Stephen (Paul Gross) a stranded motorist in a ditch during a blizzard he is all to eager to dig him out. He brings him back to the house and gives him as a gift to his Daughter for her birthday. It's really very fascinating, I was very pleased that my friend Craig introduced me to this one because likely I'd have never come across it otherwise. One to keep your eyes out for, particularly if you like sleazy dramas, well worth the hunt.

Availability:  On VHS only unfortunately

No comments:

Post a Comment