Thursday, April 14, 2011

Angel (1984)

3.5 / 5
Tagline: Honor student by day - hooker by night!
Directed by: Robert Vincent O'Neill
Written by: Robert Vincent O'Neill, Joseph Michael Cala
Actors include: Cliff Gorman, Susan Tyrrell, Dick Shawn
Genre: Action, Crime, Thriller
Length: 94 minutes
Banned: Nope




Review:
I was always intrigued by the cover which is what led me to rent this. She just looks rather young to be a whore doesn't she? Molly is a very productive 15 year old, she's on the honor role and has friends. By night she's a streetwalker on Sunset Blvd. making cash hand over fist. She's able to balance her life just fine until her whore friends start turning up dead. There is a serial killer about who is into necrophilia and slaying hookers! At this point a nice Detective steps in to try to help her from degrading herself and from being the next victim. It's not as exciting as the premise would have one believe but it does deliver on a rather odd concept. It's been quite a while since I've seen this and I would watch it again. I was probably about the same age as Angel when I watched it! A rather strange film that is exploitation even though it's supposed to be a warning against this sort of thing I think.

Availability:  Not on not DVD

No comments:

Post a Comment