Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Hard Candy (2005)

2 / 5 Oct '10
Tagline: Strangers shouldn't talk to little girls.
Directed by: David Slade
Written by: Brian Nelson
Actors include: Ellen Page, Patrick Wilson, Sandra Oh
Genre: Thriller
Length: 104 minutes
Banned: Nope




Review:
I can see why people are rather split on this, I thought from reading the synopsis that this looked interesting but the execution proved how wrong I was. I even liked Ellen Page in Juno but found her to be an obnoxious little snot nosed brainiac kid in this. She plays Haley, a character who seduces a fellow who she perceives as an online pedophile. I'm dead against pedophilia but this girl is pretty much equally to blame with the shenanigans she's pulling. She meets Jeff (the pedo) in person before going to his house and causing problems. At first she's playing along but before long she ties him up while searching through his house for evidence of wrong doing. When she finds some pictures she decides she should castrate him and the game rolls on. It's incredibly slow moving and talky and irritating I'm afraid, not nearly as disturbing or graphic as I'd been led to believe at all, it could nearly have been a PG were it not for "adult discussion". Definitely a disappointment, it seems like they could have done so much more with this one.

Availability:  On DVD & Blu-Ray

No comments:

Post a Comment