Thursday, April 14, 2011

Die Hard (1988)

4.5 / 5
Tagline:  Twelve terrorists. One cop. The odds are against John McClane... That's just the way he likes it.
Directed by:  John McTiernan
Written by:  Roderick Thorp, Jeb Stewart
Actors include:  Bruce Willis, Alan Rickman, Bonnie Bedelia
Genre:  Action
Length:  131 minutes
Banned:  Nope




Review:
Probably the first action movie I liked, I was pretty convinced that I would never get into the genre until I saw this.  Conveniently New York cop John McClane (Bruce Willis) is waiting for his wife to come out of a Christmas office party when the building is taken over by terrorists.  The evil terrorists have everyone held captive at gunpoint (except McClane of course) and the situation seems dire.  Luckily with lots of action and excitement McClane has to come to the rescue to save his wife and everyone else that's in peril.  It really is extremely easy to watch, fast paced exciting which I appreciated.  I think Willis makes a really likeable hero too which helps matters also.  Actually the first three movies in this series I've seen are all quite good though this is the best one.  A definite must for most, even if you think you aren't going to like this sort of thing.

Availability:  On DVD & Blu-Ray

No comments:

Post a Comment