Thursday, April 14, 2011

Dirty Harry (1971)

4.5 / 5
Tagline: You don't assign him to murder cases, You just turn him loose.
Directed by: Don Siegel
Written by: Harry Julian Fink, Rita M. Fink
Actors include: Clint Eastwood, Harry Guardino, Reni Santoni
Genre: Crime, Thriller
Length: 102 minutes
Banned: Finland




Review:
I wasn't sure that I'd ever get into cop thrillers, I hate to say that I'd always considered them "boy" movies and so I've avoided. Once again I was wrong to do so for this was one action packed stylish thrilling flick! Firstly it's impossible not to love Clint Eastwood, especially as this Dirty Harry character who plays by his own rules. He says what he likes (iconic sayings of course), shoots first and asks questions later plus he's a bonafied hero that is afraid of nothing! In this story his major foe is a serial killer (very similar to the real live Zodiac killings) who happens to be an all around bad guy in every sense of the word (he's even freaky looking). He has to deal with a new partner, the force which is trying to make him play by the rules while stopping at nothing to try to nab the crook. It's purely awesome in nearly every way, and I can't wait to see the sequels if they are half as great as this film!

Availability:  On DVD & Blu-Ray

No comments:

Post a Comment