Saturday, May 7, 2011

Cani Arrabbiati (1974) aka Kidnapped aka Wild Dogs aka Rabid Dogs aka A Man And His Boy

3.5 / 5 May '10
Tagline: Lock the doors, rollup the windows, and buckle up ... for the ride of your life!
Directed by: Mario Bava
Written by: Alessandro Parenzo
Actors include: Riccardo Cucciolla, Don Backy, Lea Lander
Genre: Crime, Thriller
Length: 96 minutes
Banned: Nope




Review:
I was actually rather disappointed with this 'un, I mean I generally like Mario Bava productions and sleaze...well of course I like that. Thing was, I didn't find it gripping in the slightest, the characters were stereotypes and not very refreshing at all. The idea is that a robbery goes wrong so the three culprits involved kidnap a hostage, and a man and his dying child. They figure by taking the hostages they should be able to make a clean getaway. Much of the film is chatting in the car which is rather dreary and should have been filled with some sort of suspense, action or excitement. The beginning is nice and violent and appreciated, and sure some things in the film would be considered sleazy but it wasn't nearly what I was expecting in that department. The ending is something to be seen, I shant give anything away but it made the movie worth viewing. It just could have used a whole lot more of something, it felt very empty though I should mention the cinematography is very lovely! Definitely a disappointment but not without some merit.

Availability:  On DVD

No comments:

Post a Comment